Become a French Wine expert and earn your French Wine Scholar Certification!
The French Wine Scholar program is a study and certification program providing in-depth information on the wines and wine regions of France. Developed and administered by the Wine Scholar Guild with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture, this program is perfect for both wine professionals and serious wine hobbyists. Individuals who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam, earn the French Wine Scholar title and the FWS post-nominal which may be incorporated into a professional signature (e.g. John Smith, FWS).
- WHEN: Sundays, 1pm-4 pm April 8- June 17, 2018
- WHERE: At the Oregon Culinary Institute, 1701 SW Jefferson Street, Portland Oregon
- Three options:
- Complete program: includes 10 sessions of classroom instruction with tutored tastings, plus 2 tutored exam review sessions; the 280 page full color French Wine Scholar study manual newly revised for 2017; 24/7 access to the French Wine Scholar on line study program for one year; exam registration and the certification exam. $895.
- Hybrid program: Distance learning option including the 280 page full color French Wine Scholar study manual newly revised for 2017; one year access to the French Wine Scholar on line study program; 2 tutored exam review sessions; exam registration and the certification exam. $595.
- Try before you Buy: Still not sure? Register for the first one or two sessions and tastings. Tuition may be applied to either full program should you choose to register.
- PROGRAM INSTRUCTED BY:
- Maxine Borcherding, Sommelier, French Wine Scholar, Spanish Wine Educator, Wine Location Specialist
- with Guest Lectures by Hoke Harden, French Wine Scholar, Master Level Educator for Rhone and Provence, and BINC Certified Cognac Educator
Wonder what graduates say about the program?
Specialize in the wines of France and earn your French Wine Scholar Certification!